Audi A2 1.4 Petrol Idle speed Adjustment

George Iredale

I have a low idle speed on my A2,  the car has had the cylinder head gasket changed, throttle body cleaned and then re aligned, also the EGR valve cleaned.

Can anyone help with advise on increasing the idle speed as it is currently sitting at around 625 when the engine is warm.

I do have VCDS, however any login code to go into coding says its the incorrect code,  these are the codes I have tried so far without any luck. 27971, 07825, 01283, 11500, 11223, 11463, 11501, 12233.

I am a mechanic but funnily enough my own car has got me  scratching my head, any help would be appreciated.

32 minutes ago, George Iredale said:

I have a low idle speed on my A2,  the car has had the cylinder head gasket changed, throttle body cleaned and then re aligned, also the EGR valve cleaned.

Can anyone help with advise on increasing the idle speed as it is currently sitting at around 625 when the engine is warm.

I do have VCDS, however any login code to go into coding says its the incorrect code,  these are the codes I have tried so far without any luck. 27971, 07825, 01283, 11500, 11223, 11463, 11501, 12233.

I am a mechanic but funnily enough my own car has got me  scratching my head, any help would be appreciated.

Hi is your VCDS unlimited VIN platform, may well be that you have to get into the ECU to correct this which means dealer only.

Steve.

23 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi is your VCDS unlimited VIN platform, may well be that you have to get into the ECU to correct this which means dealer only.

Steve.

Hi Steve, yes the VCDS is unlimited, however it is fairly old adapter, maybe I just need to bite the bullet and upgrade, maybe OBD11 is the way to go, I am at retiring age now and don't fancy the costs involved via Ross tech.

2 hours ago, George Iredale said:

Hi Steve, yes the VCDS is unlimited, however it is fairly old adapter, maybe I just need to bite the bullet and upgrade, maybe OBD11 is the way to go, I am at retiring age now and don't fancy the costs involved via Ross tech.

Hi George, there is a new type of VCDS adapter available on the net I am chasing one at the moment, OBD 11 is good but you might need to buy the pro version, another thought occurs to me, you say you cleaned the throttle body, how old is it as I have cleaned oider cars bodies before and had them do the same thing thus necessitating  a new body, I understand your problem as my garage did a lot of work on a John Cooper special edition a couple of years ago which is now out in Spain and the steering racks gone so the customer wants to fly a couple of their mechanics out with a new rack and fit it, the guy is at his wits end with the local garages.

Steve.

11 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi George, there is a new type of VCDS adapter available on the net I am chasing one at the moment, OBD 11 is good but you might need to buy the pro version, another thought occurs to me, you say you cleaned the throttle body, how old is it as I have cleaned oider cars bodies before and had them do the same thing thus necessitating  a new body, I understand your problem as my garage did a lot of work on a John Cooper special edition a couple of years ago which is now out in Spain and the steering racks gone so the customer wants to fly a couple of their mechanics out with a new rack and fit it, the guy is at his wits end with the local garages.

Steve.

Hi Steve, yep you may well be right about the throttle body, I did order the pro version OBDeleven yesterday, my family own VW and BM so can't go wrong I guess.

Good luck with your ventures, I'll let you know how it goes here. Cheers.

• Like 1