AUDI A8 warranty advice

Lenhurn

I’m looking to get a warranty on the car. For obvious reasons. 
MotorEasy from Halfords has quoted £60-67 monthly provided the car has been served to Audi requirements.  The warranty looks good but the services have also been done at independent garages. 
anyone have advice please ?

I had the D3 previously as a cheap get me by car which gave 2 years trouble free motoring . No warranty due to age and mileage

also no heating and random door opening issues…. But I bought the next model which is this mine and happy with it a 21st century upgrade lol

Hello Len,

Some (perhaps important ?) considerations:- 

You are considering paying c£65 per month - £780 a year - and that warranty is conditional on you getting your 11 year old car serviced by a main dealer, or a recognised independent - or perhaps Halfords -? No doubt Halfords would sell  you this based on ‘It’s only just over £2/day! It’s probably me, but I dislike monthly equivalent payments, and only work on how much is it going to cost me over a year. 
As Steve says, the devil is in the detail, and most warranties exclude expected wear and tear, and it’s surprising what else is excluded. My tip would be to obtain copy and thoroughly read it, so you know what you are (not) getting for your money. 
If it were mine, I would be finding myself a trusted local garage and getting my servicing done there and putting my £780 into an account - for any rainy days. 
We are all different, I just wonder how many disappointments have been encountered with warranties, as opposed to ‘glad I took that out’, so it’s just a question of reading and re-reading the small print and deciding whether this gives you the level of content that you are looking for. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

23 hours ago, Lenhurn said:

I’m looking to get a warranty on the car. For obvious reasons. 
MotorEasy from Halfords has quoted £60-67 monthly provided the car has been served to Audi requirements.  The warranty looks good but the services have also been done at independent garages. 
anyone have advice please ?

I had the D3 previously as a cheap get me by car which gave 2 years trouble free motoring . No warranty due to age and mileage

also no heating and random door opening issues…. But I bought the next model which is this mine and happy with it a 21st century upgrade lol

My thoughts and appreciation to the support people give   I use Kent Autotech in ayelsham Chris and the team are a good independent reasonable on pricing and good on advice 

I’m going to sell one set of alloys as I will be looking at all weather tyres so no need for two sets

either the ones with winter tyres on or the ones on the car which are S8 alloys so I’m told

70BC2F11-1DB9-4E26-81B2-FF0527F6F043.jpeg

B030CC84-A4D2-424E-BF15-38A9A0D9F24F.jpeg

Same as my thoughts then Len. 
Please feel free to advertise either/ both sets, with details of tyre brands, tread depth and the prices you want. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.