Haldex differential rear axle transmission

ChatYTB

Hello 

I have Audi A3 sportback 2015 quattro and I was wondering about haldex differential rear axle transmission. I have pre facelift model and I want to know if that rear diff is one complete unit ? So its fluid inside is spread across the whole ? 

Because I have total 4 screws / bolts which I can unscrew.. Please see the picture. On left side is lower bigger bolt for drain and upper for filling. then on the right here is another screw for drain and for filling .. are the haldex and axle separated ? does haldex has different fluid / liquid and axle different fluid /liquid ?

Thanks

IMG20230504170521.jpg

gen5outside.png

Edited by ChatYTB

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, Fatbloke said:

The haldex and transfer box are separated and take different oils.

They do not share oil.

Hi 

Yeah I already done everything two weeks ago .. Seems to this site is dead ..

Newermind

Hello - whoever you are? 
The main moderator on here more often than not welcomes newly joined members with his view that we are a friendly bunch - which I like to think we are, or at least we try to be. 

Saying it as it is, or at least as I see it, it disappoints to hear opinion that ….’Seem to (too) that this site is dead.’  We all do our best when we can with the knowledge we have, and indeed spend quite a bit of time doing it.

This very much a personal view, but my dislike is for first time posters not to register their actual names, and to be flippant with their actual location - such as ‘Earth’. It just renders them anonymous, and non approachable. 

Again as I see it, you joined and posted your plea for assistance on the same day 14 days ago. 
David gave his time to try to respond to you yesterday, yet you rebuke that assistance by letting us know ‘too late - I fixed it two weeks ago’ - must have been the day you joined and posted then!

Apologies we couldn’t have given you an instant reply ChatYBB - or whoever. 
Please excuse the rather direct reply, which may not reflect the views of the forum in general. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello - whoever you are? 
The main moderator on here more often than not welcomes newly joined members with his view that we are a friendly bunch - which I like to think we are, or at least we try to be. 

Saying it as it is, or at least as I see it, it disappoints to hear opinion that ….’Seem to (too) that this site is dead.’  We all do our best when we can with the knowledge we have, and indeed spend quite a bit of time doing it.

This very much a personal view, but my dislike is for first time posters not to register their actual names, and to be flippant with their actual location - such as ‘Earth’. It just renders them anonymous, and non approachable. 

Again as I see it, you joined and posted your plea for assistance on the same day 14 days ago. 
David gave his time to try to respond to you yesterday, yet you rebuke that assistance by letting us know ‘too late - I fixed it two weeks ago’ - must have been the day you joined and posted then!

Apologies we couldn’t have given you an instant reply ChatYBB - or whoever. 
Please excuse the rather direct reply, which may not reflect the views of the forum in general. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi I think this does reflect the views of most of the forum, I think everyone who contributes regularly to this forum is sick of dealing with space cadets who never reply properly or let you know the outcome, he seems to know it all therefore why does he need us, we definitely don't need him, if he had got his answer straight away he would have cleared off and never been heard of again, in retrospect the post was bordering on illiterate thats why I try not to answer these the same as most people, why headbut a wall.

Steve.

• Like 1