High mileage Audis

I have a lovely 2011 Avant Quattro S Line on 180,000 miles. I am considering keeping it for another 50k or even 100k miles. What sort of things can I expect to go wrong with it if I do this. It is a diesel and the miles I have put on it (130k in 7 years) are mostly motorway. There is no smoke. Are there any precautions I can take to avoid trouble?

Edited by Jamesc111

Hello James,

Sounds like you just continue to maintain it as you have been doing. 
I would change oil and filter at 6 month intervals, and the air and fuel filters every two years. 
What schedule have you had for transmission fluid changes? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Thanks Gareth. Oil and air filters are covered. I will find out about transmission fluid. I suppose I'm hoping for a crystal ball which tells me to replace this cheap and easily accessible part to avoid an expensive and complicated repair later. If anyone has one of these it must be worth a lot of money!

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking from someone who has a high mileage Audi, my engine nhas just let go at 344k. I'm second owner and car is 21 years old. Bought by my dad new. 

Thorough servicing is key. Mine was over serviced. 

It's mainly electrical gremlins that start affecting older Audi's in my opinion. 

On 5/22/2023 at 11:24 AM, Jamesc111 said:

Thank you, Steve. When you say over serviced is that a mechanical risk or is it just cost that could have been saved?

I did it for peace of mind. Regular oil changes/flushes etc. 

I was doing minimum once a year. More if I were doing road trips. 

Got to get my engine rebuilt now.