Suspect Door Handels

Owner of 5 week old A4 Avant Sport. Few hundred miles on clock.

Passenger goes to get in and handle comes away in their hand left dangling  attached by two wires. 

Audi Cardiff says car tampered with (no marks on paintwork, no evidence of other damage) so not covered by warranty. 

Warning to new Audi owners 🏴‍☠️don’t leave your car anywhere someone may try and open the door other than very gently🏴

Clearly a design faulty as door handles are meant to be able to cope with all sorts of  robust handling throughout vehicles life. Audi please look again at design. 

Anyone else experienced the same problem? Be interested to hear from them as Audi says it’s a unique case. Thanks. 

On 5/19/2023 at 2:40 PM, DutchDai said:

Owner of 5 week old A4 Avant Sport. Few hundred miles on clock.

Passenger goes to get in and handle comes away in their hand left dangling  attached by two wires. 

Audi Cardiff says car tampered with (no marks on paintwork, no evidence of other damage) so not covered by warranty. 

Warning to new Audi owners 🏴‍☠️don’t leave your car anywhere someone may try and open the door other than very gently🏴

Clearly a design faulty as door handles are meant to be able to cope with all sorts of  robust handling throughout vehicles life. Audi please look again at design. 

Anyone else experienced the same problem? Be interested to hear from them as Audi says it’s a unique case. Thanks. 

Hi everything is unique with them even if they are aware of a problem, tell them you want to back the vehicle as unfit for purpose that should draw a response, ask them if they supply stickers saying dear thief please open gently.

Steve.

• Like 1

Contacted Audi UK and work now being done under warranty😊. Like your idea about the stickers. Still worrying if handles are that easy to dislodge ☹️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DutchDai said:

Contacted Audi UK and work now being done under warranty😊. Like your idea about the stickers. Still worrying if handles are that easy to dislodge ☹️

Hi you will be fine, they won't do that again, believe me once properly fitted it will be bullet proof like the ones on my A6 I use it as a cab and because I am pre-booked only they come over and yank the handles like crazy to get in which is no good when the doors are all locked from the inside, 155,000 miles and numerous attempts for unauthorised entry I have not lost a handle yet, no booking, no ride.

Steve.

• Like 2

Thanks for the encouragement! The new A4 has a lift up action rather than a pull one so it may need further refinement to make it really solid as on your A6.