1997 Audi 80. Door release cable.

PeteKS

Hello,

Im trying to re attach the door release lever cable to the release mechanism on door lock. The end cable is hooked and the lever on the latch unit has a barrel type end, but the cable hook won’t fit onto it? Or am I doing something wrong?

help! 
Thanks Pete

hi pete can you put p a few pics,they are normally very easy to assemble unless theres some piece missing on your mechanism.greg

4 hours ago, coupe4 said:

hi pete can you put p a few pics,they are normally very easy to assemble unless theres some piece missing on your mechanism.greg

Thanks for reply Greg, pics below…

its hard to tell from the pics but if theres no obvious place to hook it into then theres probably a bit missing[check bottom of the door as it may have fell down]also maybe have a look at the passenger door and see if its different

• Like 1

Thanks for reply, I was thinking the obvious place to attach it was onto the end of the lever over the barrel / pin but it doesn’t fit on to it. I checked bottom of door for any bits but nothing. Good idea about checking other door tho! 
thanks again. Pete