Discs and pads replacement

Spock

Evening ,

Need to renew brakes , front & rear . Which brands do you recommend? Want to replace fluid as well . Standard dot 4 ok ?

Thank you all 

Hello Andy,

Are you simply looking to replica the original braking efficiency, or enhance the braking to cater for more  ‘enthusiastic’ driving?
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Renewing pads only, rather than discs and pads? 

Hi Gareth ,

Want to replace discs and pads plus fluid change . Just want quality parts and standard is fine or an upgrade not too bothered .

Thank you 

Hello Andy,

I take it you haven’t owned the car since new, and don’t have any idea what pads and discs are currently  fitted to the car. 
If that is correct, then it’s fair to say that the chances of you being disappointed with whatever you buy are greatly reduced. 
You are going to get healthy-debate varying opinion on here, about brands and that is good. 

Personally, I’ve always stuck with Audi pads, bought at discount, at not much more than other recognised brands, and they have always done me extremely well over 170K miles. 
I am ‘experimenting’  with Brembo on our non-Audi, and a similar marque family vehicle, and they seem to be as impressive as you would hope for. 
Discs? Audi discs are daftly priced, so I’ve stuck with Brembo in the past for discs. 
My search source for competitive prices for Brembo from reputable sellers has been eBay
You could also try Parts in Motion ( no connection, but they seem to get a free plug from me!).

If you are DIYing this, then I would recommend you invest some valuable time to ensure the disc to hub mounting face is scrupulously clean - often overlooked. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

Thank you Gareth ,  I was looking at Brembo , £190 for the full set up . I will make sure mounting faces are clean along with a strip , clean , re grease of the callipers . Thanks for your input .

PS another brand that seems popular is PAGID ?

10 hours ago, Spock said:

Thank you Gareth ,  I was looking at Brembo , £190 for the full set up . I will make sure mounting faces are clean along with a strip , clean , re grease of the callipers . Thanks for your input .

PS another brand that seems popular is PAGID ?

Hi myself and other members have nailed this one a few times, Pagid are eurocarparts own brand and carry neither E11 or E9 certification Brembo will as will Febi Blueprint EBC and Mintex, please read up on the net about E11/E9 that will explain all about the ratings and why, the best fluid is Comma ESP 4 as it is rated for all VAG/MERC/BMW anything cheaper will eat the seals over time, best stuff for lubricating slider pins is silicone grease and for the pad sliding surfaces on the callipers a thin smear of copper grease. Live Long and Prosper.

Steve.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 5:34 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Andy,

That would seem to be a reasonable-ish quote. 
Who has quoted that as a matter of interest? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

eBay

• Like 1