Chugging noise like air louder if you lift airbox

nat

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I've got a audi a4 57 plate 1.9 diesel. It's making a chugging noise like air chugging if you lift the top of the airbox you can hear thr noise louder. When driving it sounds like I've got a blowing exhaust. Car drives fine no loss of power. Had it plugged I no faults found.  Its driving me mad as I've had few people look at it but noone can seem to find the problem 

Thank you

23 hours ago, nat said:

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I've got a audi a4 57 plate 1.9 diesel. It's making a chugging noise like air chugging if you lift the top of the airbox you can hear thr noise louder. When driving it sounds like I've got a blowing exhaust. Car drives fine no loss of power. Had it plugged I no faults found.  Its driving me mad as I've had few people look at it but noone can seem to find the problem 

Thank you

Hi hazard a guess its the trunking either side of the airbox, as it gets older the plastic deteriorates and allows extra air in.

Steve.

20 hours ago, nat said:

The trunking? Do I need to replace the airbox? I've managed to add a video of the noise

Thank you

Hi the trunking is what carries the air from the intake through the air filter box and then into the turbo, subject to your video I would definitely be checking the rubber turbo hoses first before replacing the induction parts.

Steve.

22 hours ago, nat said:

I've now got a slight whistle when I accelerate and it gets louder when it gets hotter. 

Hi definitely a split turbo hose the whistle is the air escaping, best get it sorted a bit sharpish as the car won't regenerate the DPF if its loosing boost pressure.

Steve.