Audi Quattro Avant.

1989 Audi 100 Quattro Avant Project Car.
Lago Blue with grey cord interior. Owned since 1996, engine rebuilt by Grant Motorsport 1999 to match the performance of early turbo models.IMG_5340.thumb.jpeg.53c1e2a979762da7502046492b438712.jpeg. 311 k miles but still going strong, using very little oil and sounds amazing. Glass out respray 2016 with new windscreen. Has been sorn for three years. Currently on Michelin Alpin Winter tyres but comes with a set of summer EcoContacts. And a set of steel winter tyre rims and tyres. Other spares include a new radiator and side indicator units. Used spares include a power steering pump, alternator, a front offside suspension leg and dash display pod.
Known issues as a result of standing are a suspected defective clutch slave cylinder, electric windows only functioning with the ignition off and a water sensor on the auto check system. And some minor damage to the lacquer coat .
The engine is a 5 cylinder 10 valve.
In 1999 it was professionally rebuilt by Grant Motorsport, with the brief to match the power and torque of a turbo. 
In fact Grant sourced another block, bored it to + 60, and built it up with a balanced crankshaft and rods, high compression pistons, gas flowed and ported head and a Piper Fast Road cam.
Dyno testing showed 162bhp and a significant increase in torque, immediately after the build. I have been trying to find the dyno printout and pictures of the build, but so far they have eluded me.

IMG_5306.jpeg

IMG_5301.jpeg

IMG_5305.jpeg

IMG_5302.jpeg

IMG_5304.jpeg

IMG_5303.jpeg

Thanks Rick,

As is my want, I ask what price you want for it - as opposed to ‘offers’. 
Good luck with its sale.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth, I have to admit I am a bit out of my depth here. So, I put it on eBay for £4750, got a couple of interests  and 5000+ page views. There are not many of these left and three years ago we were driving back and forth from Italy in it. Often fully loaded, and it would not take much to bring it back to a “daily” condition. Photo on the col di galibier, fantastic road !

IMG_2949.jpeg

23 hours ago, Rick Knapp said:
1989 Audi 100 Quattro Avant Project Car.
Lago Blue with grey cord interior. Owned since 1996, engine rebuilt by Grant Motorsport 1999 to match the performance of early turbo models.IMG_5340.thumb.jpeg.53c1e2a979762da7502046492b438712.jpeg. 311 k miles but still going strong, using very little oil and sounds amazing. Glass out respray 2016 with new windscreen. Has been sorn for three years. Currently on Michelin Alpin Winter tyres but comes with a set of summer EcoContacts. And a set of steel winter tyre rims and tyres. Other spares include a new radiator and side indicator units. Used spares include a power steering pump, alternator, a front offside suspension leg and dash display pod.
Known issues as a result of standing are a suspected defective clutch slave cylinder, electric windows only functioning with the ignition off and a water sensor on the auto check system. And some minor damage to the lacquer coat .
The engine is a 5 cylinder 10 valve.
In 1999 it was professionally rebuilt by Grant Motorsport, with the brief to match the power and torque of a turbo. 
In fact Grant sourced another block, bored it to + 60, and built it up with a balanced crankshaft and rods, high compression pistons, gas flowed and ported head and a Piper Fast Road cam.
Dyno testing showed 162bhp and a significant increase in torque, immediately after the build. I have been trying to find the dyno printout and pictures of the build, but so far they have eluded me.

IMG_5306.jpeg

IMG_5301.jpeg

IMG_5305.jpeg

IMG_5302.jpeg

IMG_5304.jpeg

IMG_5303.jpeg

nice she is