Hello - new to forum and just seeing if anyone can help

Busa1400

I am looking to buy PX72 NVZ - a Audi 2.0 40 TDI Vorsprung - it has 5,000 miles and registered in September 2022

Can anyone find any background on the car ??

Thankyou

Mick

Thankyou - Interesting - It was registered in September 2022 and then changed hands in March 2023 and then up for sale again. 

Hello Michael,

I would be moving forward with extreme caution on any vehicle that has such a short previous ownership. The vehicle might have been rejected under a 30 day purchase. 
A paid for vehicle check would be a must, unless you have access to a contact from the previous short term owner.

Co-incidentally, I came across a similar situation with a non-Audi I eventually bought just over a year ago. It has one owner until about 2 months before my intended purchase - alarm bells! I managed to get the last owner details from the seller, and was able to talk with that owner at the eleventh hour. He revealed it was his late father’s car from new, and he wanted to retain his personalised number, so had no option other than to register the car in his name.

A paid for vehicle check should reveal details of personalised number transfer dates etc., so I’m very much with Stephen on his essential recommendations.

If you work on the principle that a seller will tell you anything you want to hear - you won’t go far wrong. 
Is this 8 month old car being sold by a main dealer or not? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I have bought the car - after inspection - and it is perfect - drove from Livinston in Scotland to Lulworth Cove Dorset with no issues at all - no idea why an independent had hold of it - but all good 

• Like 2