A4 Avant Front left leak

jmagd

Hi all,

Just bought a second hand A4 Avant 2016 2.0 TDi Ultra this week. Wondering if anyone has seen this before?

Noticed a puddle under left front yesterday. Has gotten bigger overnight. Had a feel and did the old smell test, was a bit greasy but didnt smell of oil. When I wiped the damp area underneath, again it was more wet than greasy.

Partner said she'd had the aircon on high so I'm wondering if it's that. The car had been off the road since early-March.

Only bought it 4 days ago so can still take it back and I did take out an extended warranty.

Any help appreciated though.

Thanks, James

20230609_083542.jpg

20230609_083553.jpg

20230609_083603.jpg

on mine the coolant bottle is on the front left of the engine if your sat in the drivers seat.and the coolant release tap(underneath  at the back of front left wheel) have you checked to see if you have lost coolant from the bottle.thats of course if it is coolant loss.regards stephen

Hi Stephen,

Had a look and coolant reservoir is indeed below the min line.

There is also a large wet patch under the car. You can also see in the last image where the liquid is collecting and dripping.

Looks very similar to the coolant leak issue in this video for the same car: https://youtu.be/Dmt5esws4HA

I'll speak to the dealer and get them to take a look/replace reservoir.

Thanks, James

20230609_114902.jpg

20230609_114937_007.jpg

20230609_114955.jpg

20230609_115228.jpg

• Like 1