Buying advice?

Mark2506

Hi all I am new to the Audi forum, I own a 2001 A3 and am looking to upgrade to a newer A4 and was just after some buying tips such as models/specs etc. I have a budget of about £5k and would prefer diesel and the 170bhp models other than that I am open to advice?!

I think if you type your criteria into Autotrader you'll find yourself spoiled for choice of A4s with those specifications.

Here's one that I found which raised an eyebrow as a good bet.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201302065212754/sort/default/usedcars/price-from/2000/maximum-mileage/up_to_80000_miles/price-to/5000/model/a4/make/audi/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/postcode/bh93az/radius/60?logcode=p

I don't think you'll get many 170bhp models for that money but anything with 130bhp or above should hit 60mph in under 10 seconds and do top speeds that'll get you sent to prison ;) Of course you could buy a lower power model and then fit something like an aftermarket air kit to help release a couple more horsepowers.

In any case the best advice I can give is the lower the mileage the better really and definitely check service history. Other than that shopping around and looking long and hard will yield the best results.

Glen.