A1 Sticky Window

e_delece

Hi everyone, 

I recently bought an 11 plate A1 and since I've had it, the windows have been sticking in the seals.  I need to push the window button up and down a few times to loosen it off before it moves. I have tried cleaning it with cleaning solution for windows and my boyfriend who had his own valeting company had good stuff for removing glue etc but the problem still persists. Anyone else got or had this problem?

Kind regards,

Elle 

Hi everyone, 

I recently bought an 11 plate A1 and since I've had it, the windows have been sticking in the seals.  I need to push the window button up and down a few times to loosen it off before it moves. I have tried cleaning it with cleaning solution for windows and my boyfriend who had his own valeting company had good stuff for removing glue etc but the problem still persists. Anyone else got or had this problem?

Kind regards,

Elle 

Hi Elle and welcome to the club! I believe that the sticking windows on the A1 are a known issue but apparently silicone spray can be quite effective at helping the problem!

Hi Elle,

Sticking windows on early A1's is indeed a known issue, caused by manufacturing residue in the seal.  Take it to your local Audi centre and they should clean it and apply a special spray free of charge for you.  

If this is a bit inconvenient for you, I suggest you use brake cleaner (from your local auto wholesale/Halfords) on a piece of cloth but you'll need to get right into the channel of the top of seal to get it all out.  You'll probably notice that the one touch up/down has stopped working on your windows too if they are sticking that bad so to reset that:  Close the windows and release the window switches then hold the switches in the close position again for about 10 seconds, that will re-set it.

Bet bet is to give Glasgow Audi a call.

• 4 months later...

Hi Elle. I had the same problem on my 11 plate A1 and asked my dealer to look at this when the car was in for its last service. The dealer said that it was a known problem and they lubricated the windows. It seems to be fine now.