Looking for an Audi A6 2.5 V6

rashy91729

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to buy an A6(C5) with the 2.5 V6 TDI engine. Mostly I would like it with multironic/tipronic transmission without quattro.

I'm totaly new with the Audis, don't know what i need to watch when i would like to buy one, what are the most common problems with the A6(C5).

I heard about a lot of things, but i don't know what's the truth (when i bought my Ford Mondeo, many people told me that it isn't reliable, but i live with it without any particular problems).

Also I'm not believe everything what laic people say.  

As some people told me that the automatic gearbox, especially the tiptronic isn't too reliable, it's apt to failure. About the multitronic I didn't heard anything. 
Also i heard about, and also read here, that the camshafts in the TDI V6 engines are often becomes worn.

I'm completely confused (again).

Can you help me with some advices?

Thank you for the help in advance!

Kind Regards,
Peter

the DSG gearboxes have huge problems and the clutch packs cost a fortune. Unless  you can afford a late model car which is when they seem to have sorted the transmission faults then I would go for a pure manual gearbox