Fuel Consumption

JHOC

I have recently purchased an Audi A6 2.0 multitronic and was a bit disappointed by the fuel consumption, I have had an A6 for years and bought a new one because I love the look and kit and also the improved fuel consumption, however I am struggleing to get anything near my old cars consumption and nowhere near what I expected from all the spec has anyone else experienced this or is it my car?

• 2 years later...

i have asked a local company about that and he has said i should see around an extra 70-80 miles per tank after a remap .... as well as the power gain. sat trying to decide next move if im honest

I was just browsing and saw this post. 

I too have an a6 s-line 2012. I also get around average 35Mpg, for the last 8000 miles I have driven.

I opted to go for a racechip after comparing the different mod chips out there. The reason I went for the racechip is that it was fairly inexpensive for the extra HP I gained from it, which states around and extra 41HP. I guess I'll have to tweak it a bit, but I can definately notice an improvement in driving.

The lag is gone now, the hesitation when you press the pedal to when the fuel is delivered. I can definately feel the performace is better.