water in battery area, car now doesnt run

danando

Hi,

I'm new to this site.

I rcently used my car after no use for 3 weeks. I started ok but quickly become hesitant and wouldnt rev. after driving half a mile the car smoked alot and cut out. WOuld restart but only for a few seconds. Felt like a fuel starvation problem. Called RAC out. He noticed water in the battery area. Drained this out then run diagnostics on car, came back with fuel relay and engine mount solendoid fault. I'm now aware the solenoid fault is common nad should affect the basic running of the car. I changed the fuel pump relay but this doesnt make any difference. I changed the fuel filter and to do this I removed the inlet manifold and pressure/temp sensor plug. I run the car without this connected and it ran in limp home mode ie wouldnt rev. After connecting the manifold and sensor the car does what it did before ie would only run fo ra few seconds before cutting out. Fuel does come out of the outlet pipe when I start the car so I assume I'm getting fuel into the injectors. I reckon the problem would be something to do with the relays underneath the ecu being submerged in water, but I've replaced the fuel pump rela. There is a big blue one which I think is the glow plug relay, I'm not sure what the other one does, but I've pulled the tops of all these relays and they seem to click into life. I've pulled the top of the ecu to look for signs of water or water damage but i can see no problems there. It seemed quite well sealed anyway.

Anyone had similar problems or can suggest anything?

Thanks in advance.