Centre console button

ryder

Silly me, in getting rid of an area of grease on the inside window I used meths on a cloth - it worked but, at some point I must have put my thumb on one of the buttons on the centre console (the one that's marked CAR) and it smudged it. Then to add insult to injury I tried to clean it off with the same cloth that had the meths on (having a real bad day) and this has now made it worse.

Thought to myself gosh how silly, or something like that. So today went to my local dealer to order a new button, guess what, you have to order a complete console with all buttons for £700+ plus VAT. Complete non starter so need to find another source, assume scrap yard or similar. Anyone know of any and how does the button come out to be replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your response, did have a quick look on a few sites for dismantlers but, they wanted £300+. Will check out e-bay and see if there are any about. Have been looking to change car for a new Allroad so it might go with a smudged button!