Died on acceleration

jeffers

Hi Guys

I have a 55 plate A4 B7 automatic I was driving along and decided to overtake the motor in front but there was nothing there. No growl from the turbo no engine revving nothing then the car started to pick up slowly I drove conservatively for the rest of the journey. Coming home all was brand new again bags of power and the turbo kicked in as usual.

There was no warning or nothing there is no engine management light I did a functionality check everything was ok. The cars due a major service but has only done 66000 I have it booked in next week for service. Any ideas so I am not flattened by what the service reveals my mechanic said could be fuel pressure or maf flow metre.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Had he car serviced and the mech put it on the machine, It revealed a low fuel pressure fault. He found the plastic tee piece where the fuel enters the top of the fuel filter to have a hair line crack in it. No other faults present replaced the tee piece and serviced he car and bobs you uncle fannys yer crack fingers crossed all done.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Went again but the engine management light came on this time took it back to the garage and he found the fuel pressure regulator had a smear of oil on the diaphragm making it stick. He cleaned it off put it together reset the EML. and whammo bob on again back on the machine and no faults. Fingers crossed

• 5 years later...
On 5/22/2014 at 10:27 PM, jeffers said:

Hi Guys

I have a 55 plate A4 B7 automatic I was driving along and decided to overtake the motor in front but there was nothing there. No growl from the turbo no engine revving nothing then the car started to pick up slowly I drove conservatively for the rest of the journey. Coming home all was brand new again bags of power and the turbo kicked in as usual.

There was no warning or nothing there is no engine management light I did a functionality check everything was ok. The cars due a major service but has only done 66000 I have it booked in next week for service. Any ideas so I am not flattened by what the service reveals my mechanic said could be fuel pressure or maf flow metre.

Hello Jeff,

Is it Petrol or Diesel ?