Hello everyone.

I'm awaiting my A3 (2010) Black Edition which has RNS-E(?) installed.
When I sat in it, there was a "plughole" for an audi cable (in the glove box from memory) which allows ipod control but I couldn't find the cable itself anywhere. The dealership says it's included but if it isn't, i'll need a new one .....problem is, which one?

Firstly, being a 2010 car, will iphone/ipod track and info appear on the display? Will I be able to control it fully from the steering wheel?

Secondly, if yes, then to do this what do I need?

FHXwaha.jpg

Question 1: I think the first option should work, but for more flexibility, would option 2 be OK with a standard Apple charging cable plugged into that -- i.e. would I still retain full control of the iPod with the ability to also control USB sticks if needed instead? This option gives me the widest flexibilty.

Question 2: In future, if I upgrade to a newer iPod, would I also be able to simply add an iPod adapter to either option 1 or add my standard lightning charging cable to option 2 to convert to lightning equipped phones and have full control or do I need a completely new/different MMI to lightning cable?

Ideally i'd like the MMI - USB cable so that I can (hopefully) plug any android or apple phone or USB stick in and get full control - I just need to know it will work before I order it (or get the dealer to provide it).

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I haven't recieved the car yet and this is my first Audi so I think it's an RNS-E satnav installed but may be wrong. I posted an intro in the "New members introductions" section and put a photo of the unit in the cabin in there so you can see what it comes with...

So no one knows the answer to this (then again, going by the lack of responses to most posts around here, I'm not surprised ;)).

Yesterday I got an answer of sorts from Audi themselves......hopefully it'll work as they suggest.