AlPaton

Hello all!

I am new to the group but have loved Audis for many years. Previously my budget restrained me to 80's class 'fixer uppers', but this necessity turned into a bit of a passion. My first love was a tornado red Coupe followed by a Cabriolet i've been nursing for a few years (despite having an old A4 Avant as my first car, this doesn't make a huge portfolio in the grand scale of things but i'm still in my 20s).

I have had an opportunity recently which has enabled me to realise my long term dream and become an RS6 owner.

However, my love of Audis does not translate to my knowledge of how they work! Surprising considering the amount of times I've sat on the side of the road with the bonnet up! 

I am trying to bring my cabriolet back up to it's former glory before passing it onto a family member (so I know it's close by). 

The headlamp has cracked and i'm looking to replace it. There are a few on eBay but I want to check the compatibility. I'm sure they are all very similar if not the same but don't know where to check. 

Mine is a 2000 final edition cabriolet. Would any right hand drive, post 1998 cab headlamp be compatible? I'm also missing one of the plastic grates that sit on the front bumper beneath the lights if anyone can help?

I would also appreciate any advice offered to an new RS6 owner! it's an engineering marvel that makes me giddy... but a complicated one and i'm willing to learn.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Kinds regards

Al