Archi

Gentlemen

I have an Audi A7, 2014 model, and I have tried two different SIM cards in the car, and O2 or Vodafone are recognised as the network providers, but neither will connect to Audi Connect.  I have registered with Audi Connect online and I am poised ready to provide the registration number provided when I connect - but the messages which appear on the MMI are as follows:

The query is being started.  Please wait ......

othen

The data connection could not be opened.  Please try again later.

Occasionally, but not always, there is a rotating blue circle/arrow in the top right corner of the screen.

I have tried this in various locations in which my mobile phone has a signal, and the icon at the foot of the screen tells me there is either 2 or 4 bars 3G.

I would really appreciate some help.  Audi assure me that the car and Audi Connect are set up correctly.  Is there anything I might be missing within 'settings'?

Hello there,

I had exactly the same problem..... eventually found that the SIM worked OK for voice and texts but any data connection was blocked. After much head scratching and some help from the very helpful Asda Mobile people - the answers lie in the "Data Connection" settings in the Car MMI system.  Note that some PAYG Sims do not include data.

The internet connection details in the MMI have to be changed to precisely match the mobile phone Network - the APN Name, the User Name, and the Password all had to be changed,...

I use an Asda Mobile SIM - as there is no monthly charge or limit, so a £10 top up lasts me months.  Using Google Earth does clock up the data usage, but I use the head up display for navigation so don't use Google Earth.

My local AUDI dealers were of no use.....

Hope this helps!!

Many thanks, A7Fan.  That's a good tip using the Asda sim with unlimited data.  In the meantime I found the following document

http://www.audi.gr/etc/medialib/ngw/gr/product/audi_connect_guide.Par.0002.File.pdf/audi-12-0061_connect-quick-guide-en-online.pdf

and when I connected my Samsung S3 with the proper settings, hey presto, connected immediately, and I can use the phone as well.  I don't need to put a SIM into the car.

Your info regarding the "data Connection" settings is where I was going wrong with the PAYG - but neither T**** nor V******* were able to provide the correct details for their SIMs.

Thanks again

• 1 year later...

Hi guys not sure if your problem has been solved but I use data connection through my phones bluetooth so it comes out of my data. I noticed from time to time it wouldn't work then I realised if you go into telephone>bluetooth bonded devices> click on the device and click connect next to the car phone option. It works perfectly no issues and no extra sims. Just an option I thought i'd throw in.