Dashboard Inlays

jpswansea

Hi there

I have ordered an Audi A6 2.TDI SE Stronic four weeks ago and expecting it to delivered in November. I have since thought about having Walnut dashboard inlays instead of the standard silver ones. If it is too late to change, can these be fitted after delivery and can I buy the trim from somewhere other than Audi?

Thanks

Jules

Not sure if it's too late to change the spec but I'll wager to replace them after delivery will take quite an additional investment. I'd push the dealer hard for the build spec. change ASAP.

Not sure if it's too late to change the spec but I'll wager to replace them after delivery will take quite an additional investment. I'd push the dealer hard for the build spec. change ASAP.

+1 on this. Chances are the wood part will be quite expensive and no doubt only available from Audi after delivery.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks guys for the your feedback. This is the response I received from Watford Audi:

I am pleased to advise production has now been “confirmed”. This means we can no longer amend any aspect of the  specification I am afraid.

We estimate collection will be possible late October / early November and once the car is built and on its way I will update you again.

It seems I'm too late. Are there kits available (wood or wood-effect vinyl) available as a retrofit?

Cheers Jules

Yep, being a 2015 car I doubt there will be any other option. Unless you want to cut and stick some kind of vinyl over the top which is not something I would do on a new car like that. 

Perhaps see if the Audi dealer can do you a deal at cost price or something on the basis you wanted to change it?