Auto Gearbox Oil Change - 40K miles

Cheekyboy666

I was recently informed, that my Auto gearbox needed an oil change every 40K miles to maintain the integrity and warranty. On presenting the car to an Audi garage, they informed me the gearbox is sealed for life!! Is this true?? I can't believe the oil doesn't need to be changed...ever?!?!

Cheers

Often manufacturers are keen to state things like "sealed for life" but many people still think it is a good idea to get the fluid changed every now and then. There's usually a way to do it but you may need to see a reputable local garage rather than Audi?

Sorry Newbie  here just searching around and saw this post.  

I would have to advise you do an internet search on A6 Multitronic Gearboxes and the required oil change exactly at 40k. Its a must read i'm afraid.  Apparently if its a Quattro or Tiptronic auto it is sealed for life and very few problems upto 120k reported from those in the know IE Audi techs on the front line, so to speak

Spent hours reading all sorts of stuff about this last night in research for buying a new Audi.  

Sorry Newbie  here just searching around and saw this post.  

I would have to advise you do an internet search on A6 Multitronic Gearboxes and the required oil change exactly at 40k. Its a must read i'm afraid.  Apparently if its a Quattro or Tiptronic auto it is sealed for life and very few problems upto 120k reported from those in the know IE Audi techs on the front line, so to speak

Spent hours reading all sorts of stuff about this last night in research for buying a new Audi.  

Yep unfortunately multitronic gear boxes are known for may problems  :(