Audi Concert II+ Source Selection/AUX not working

I have a 2010 Audi A3 S-Line with the Audi Concert II+ 2-DIN head unit recently installed to replace the old head unit of the same model and the standard fitted AUX input near the cigarette lighter. (See attached images)

It doesn't seem to me like the AUX input is working.

I'm not sure if there is a cryptic way to change source, if so what would this be?

With it being a standard fitted AUX input I would have assumed this would be pre-wired into the wire cluster therefore would just be plug and play?

If anyone could shed any light on this that would be helpful.

Cheers!  :)

post-4666-0-05675700-1443599542_thumb.jp

post-1236-0-94810900-1443618998.jpg

I'm assuming it was exactly the same model and the Aux worked with the old unit? If so, how did you select Aux previously?

Also, why did you need to change - was the old one broken?

I'm assuming it was exactly the same model and the Aux worked with the old unit? If so, how did you select Aux previously?

Also, why did you need to change - was the old one broken?

Well I only recently purchased this car. The old head unit needed changing because it was stuck in safe mode and even the radio codes couldn't revive it. So the dealership ordered a new unit in. So I'm not sure if the aux port worked prior to this. It must either be a firmware issue or a wiring issue. But I have no means of checking either of these (radio removal keys or diagnostic tool).

Well I only recently purchased this car. The old head unit needed changing because it was stuck in safe mode and even the radio codes couldn't revive it. So the dealership ordered a new unit in. So I'm not sure if the aux port worked prior to this. It must either be a firmware issue or a wiring issue. But I have no means of checking either of these (radio removal keys or diagnostic tool).

Was this an Audi dealer or an independent?

I'd like to think so, I pulled the head unit out and the Aux is terminated correctly, so I guess it must be firmware?

Or perhaps the new radio they've supplied is a slightly different model number. Just because it looks the same doesn't necessarily mean it is the same.

Do you know if the garage purchases the unit new from Audi or if it was a second hand unit?

Or perhaps the new radio they've supplied is a slightly different model number. Just because it looks the same doesn't necessarily mean it is the same.

Do you know if the garage purchases the unit new from Audi or if it was a second hand unit?

That did cross my mind but they said it was appropriate for my chassis. I believe it was direct from Audi but I cannot be 100% sure without giving them a call.

It's just confusing as the Aux +, - and ground are all connected so surely it should detect the connection?

That did cross my mind but they said it was appropriate for my chassis. I believe it was direct from Audi but I cannot be 100% sure without giving them a call.

It's just confusing as the Aux +, - and ground are all connected so surely it should detect the connection?

You'd have thought so.

I'd check and see if it was from Audi as surely then you'd have more of a leg to stand on. Plus if I were you I'd be getting the garage you bought it from to sort this out. If the button is in the car, then clearly the feature should be working right?