A4 Avant and Apple Ipod touch

Mike B

First of all, I have to explain that I am new to Audi Cars so I apologise in advance if I sound daft with this question.  I have recently purchased a 15plate Audi A4 Avant S-line with the MMI system installed.  I have been trying to connect an IPod touch to the system with the appropriate cable to connect the device to the socket found in the glove box.  The system has identified the Ipod OK, and I can select music OK.  But the problem is that t playback is not via the cars speakers, but the ipod's internal speaker.  Do I need to install the Audi MMI app on the Ipod?  Any advice and guidance would be appreciated. Mike B

41cCd3Ju35L._SY90_.jpg

Hi James, many thanks for the response.  I am using the above cable that I purchased via Amazon, connecting the Ipod to the system via the socket in the glove box.

Look forward to hearing from you soon 

Hmmm only thing I can think is a faulty cable to be honest. If you read the reviews of that cable they are fairly mixed. Perhaps a genuine one would be better?

Also, try another iPod/iPhone to rule out a problem with that iPod, and of course if you know anyone that has one try another (preferably genuine) cable

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, James said:

Hmmm only thing I can think is a faulty cable to be honest. If you read the reviews of that cable they are fairly mixed. Perhaps a genuine one would be better?

Also, try another iPod/iPhone to rule out a problem with that iPod, and of course if you know anyone that has one try another (preferably genuine) cable

Thanks for your advice James, went out and purchased the genuine lead from Audi.  Problem solved and lessoned learned!!!!.  Many thanks

The genuine cable from Audi came as a set of two.  The second one provides a USB port if you have music on a memory stick etc.  The set cost £63 inc VAT, so while more expensive than a third party option, did eliminate all the hair pulling trying to resolve the original problem!!!