New S8 owner

Ricky

Hi everyone.

Picked up a 2006 S8 5.2 V10 last week and will no doubt be after some advice on repairing things soon! Exterior door handle lights spring mind first as one is out! 

Cheers

Rick

IMG_20160219_072955.jpg

Hi Ricky I must say that looks really smart!

Another member has just joined with an S6 Avant also with the V10... lovely engines if you don't mind the running costs!

What car did you come from?

Thanks James

I was driving a Mondeo ST TDCI for a couple of years. I dont actually like them but I do around 1000 - 1200 miles a week for work so it is a very econimical motor returning around 620miles from a tank. My dad has had a couple of these S8's with the V10 now and I have enjoyed the drive/comfort/power very much so decided to get one as a fun weekend car. I did look at an S6 with the V10 lump in prior but the mileage was to high for my liking, around 143k if i remember right.

Yes the running costs can be daunting!!!!

Yeah that's fairly high mileage.

620 miles is fairly decent from a tank, though I have seen some of the really modern diesels getting 800 - 1000 now :surprise:

Not sure what the range is like on the S8 - probably has a fairly large tank right?

• 2 years later...