ANOTHER A5 FIRE !!!!

Katepeters

My Audi burnt to the ground on my drive Monday causing thousands of pounds worth of damage to my house. After a full inspection from the fire investigators the fire had started through a electrical fault in dash .. I haven't contacted Audi yet just my car insurance and house insurance. I am still in shock about it. We have to make a stand and make Audi listen and do something about this. Kate xx 

Oh dear Kate I'm sorry to hear about another A5 catching fire. :sad:

Glad no one was hurt though that's the main thing!

Sadly, you're not the first person to report this on our forums, have a look through and add yourself to this thread as it's good to keep a tally of how many people have been affected:

http://www.audiownersclub.com/forums/topic/4607-a5-fire/?page=1

Did you manage to get any photos of it whilst it was on fire?

• Like 1

Hi Kate

I'm so sorry to hear this, I know exactly how you feel. My home also suffered a considerable amount of damage.

I agree about Audi, but sadly they just don't want to know.

Contact them immediately before your car insurance company crushes the car destroying the evidence. Ensure you fire office makes a complete report stating his findings. Contact Peter Morrell (who's useless I'm afraid, but Audi only seem to use him) and don't let them fob you off. Out of interest what year was you car? Sorry - can see its a 2012, 

If you can link this to my original one on the forum that would be good as it keeps them all up together for anyone else who has a similar problem. (Is that the right thing to do James???)

I will certainly do what you have advised.. my car was 2011 plate.. 6 days short of a 2012. I'm not very good with technology but I will try to link up to your original post. Did you see the pictures I posted ?? I'm absolutely deverstated and can't stop thinking what if I was driving the car with my 2 children in it... or if my neighbour hadn't seen the fire my house would of been burnt to the ground. I wasn't at home when the fire started.. the car hadn't even been driven for a few days. I'm still in a state of shock and very distraught. It's just not good enough is it. I have got the report from the fire investigator which states electrical fault in the dash.. the car was only recovered yesterday to have a another full investigation with a engineer through my insurance. The findings are obviously going to be the same but the more evidence I can get the better. I can't believe Audi are not doing nothing about these fires.. what's it going to take for Audi to take us seriously... death maybe . I'm going to the national press once I've got all the reports I need. Daily mail I know will ask for investigations from the public which are in the public interest. Kate xx 

• 3 years later...

Interesting that Audi have issued a recall for the auxiliary heater connectors on A7. Incorrect insertion of plug to heater may cause fire risk. Now I don't know if the A5 has the Aux heater option but my A6 does. May be age related too (mates A7 recalled is 2015)