Audi a1 extras

Wak

Hi guys looking for some information. I recently bought a Audi a1 1.6 diesel competition line and I was wondering if it was possible to get a few extras on the car such as

• DAB radio
  • Centre arm rest
  • Xenon headlights

I was wondering if these are able to get installed on my car from Audi or a separate supplier any help would be great.

Thanks  

Hi Waqar...welcome to the club!

DAB is quite an easy retrofit on the car as well as the centre armrest but not sure the Xenons will be that easy as will need to be wire up and programmed in.

Anyone on here done any of the mods yet?

Keep us posted with any updates

Regards   Trevor - Admin

Hi Trevor thanks for the reply, I went to the audi garage to ask them if I could get these parts installed into my car and the man said that it wasn't possible for the DAB and Centre rest said the parts aren't available anymore would I need to buy externally to get these then?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Having completed a retro armrest mod to my first A1 I can say it's a reasonably easy job as long as you follow a few guidelines in the link below.

I would recommend buying the genuine Audi armrest and not to bother with the eBay cheap imports. Stoke Audi Parts were always very helpful and will deliver.

The instructions below are worth reading. One extra piece of advice is to tape each screw to the screwdriver when you come to secure the main armrest bracket to the floor pan. If you don't and they fall off and drop down the gap, you'll never find them. 

http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?t=2324

Good luck

• Like 3