Stelvio Pass

Trevor

Anyone gone down, or up the Stelvio Pass this year?

Last time I went there on a Motorbike the snow had dropped down over it and blocked it so had to detour and not experience it.

Looking to drive it this summer and wondered if actually fully open or any roadwork repairs or anything else going on?

Stelvio.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

Old post but.....

did it in July18 , at the bottom 36 degrees , only 3km up it was 4 !!! Otherwise fantastic in places but can be busy , do it at the right time and it’s fun, we stopped at a hotel halfway up and got stuck behind a local bus !!, lots of brave bike riders on the pass also so be aware

• Like 1

Did stelvio pass in 2017 plus lots of other passes 

Interesting to see Audi test their camouflage test mules up the  Grossglockner pass pulling trailers which i can only assume is testing equipment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve said:

Did stelvio pass in 2017 plus lots of other passes 

Interesting to see Audi test their camouflage test mules up the  Grossglockner pass pulling trailers which i can only assume is testing equipment.

Did the Grossglockner 2 years ago ,very impressive isn't it?, i like yourself have done numerous passes all over the Alps/Dolomites etc and it never gets boring!!, i am in the process of deciding on a S3 cab purchase and if its what i really want ,i love the look and spec but........

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Oh, that's great ! 😀                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       o

• 4 months later...

Just looking forward to doing any sort of journey this year Steve 🙂

Got Le Mans 24 Hours in September now (moved from June) and was planning a road trip in the Z3 to Italy and Switzerland across the Alps but will have to see how that all pans out

• Like 1

Just now, Trevor said:

Just looking forward to doing any sort of journey this year Steve 🙂

Got Le Mans 24 Hours in September now (moved from June) and was planning a road trip in the Z3 to Italy and Switzerland across the Alps but will have to see how that all pans out

Nice one, who you going with in the z3? 

It would be the better half as she can drive the UK stints and carry the luggage to the hotels 🙂

I've taken the Z3 on many different road trips and it is such a great car for European runs as it cruises nicely on motorways and autoroutes and still has a bit about her on the twisty mountain passes whilst being able to have the roof down and relative comfort (although not much luggage space)

On 4/9/2020 at 8:10 PM, Steve Q said:

Really keen to get more road trips done this year and next. Hoping to do Scotland's North Coast 500 this year and something more ambitious next year 😊

A couple of car guys I know are also planning Scottish road trips, there are some beautiful roads and scenery from what I hear, just got to watch out for the midges that are out during a certain time of the year but they don't bite like mosquitos though 

Yea it's supposed to be beautiful. Ronan will be living in Fife so I can go abd stay with him then drive into inverness and go from there. Would like to pop over to the orkneys too. Maybe it's a trip we could do? 

Certainly sounds like one for the diary....especially looking forward to road trips this year after the lockdown, I think everyone will want to hit the road after we're released 🙂