A6 Avant Manual or Automatic

PhilG70

Hello, 
This is my first post on the forum, I did a quick search but couldn't find what I was looking for, sorry if this has already been covered. 
After doing my research, the best car for me, is a 2005-2008 A6 (C6) Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro.
I do mixed driving, covering city, motorway, dual carriageway and the twisty windy country B roads.

I’ve always been a manual driver (love having that extra control) but for this particular car, will I have to change my ways and opt for an auto?
I don’t mind autos, both have their pros and cons… but would the knowledgeable Audi drivers please step forward with some advice.
I understand I’m looking for the ‘older model’ therefore my main concern is not necessarily about handling or mpg...I’m more interested in maintenance and reliability.
Which one has the least problems, which is more reliable, manual or automatic and why?

I look forward to hearing from those in the know. :wink:

Hi Phil...welcome to the Forum!

I personally would go for the manual, with the sort of mixed driving you do, there wouldn't be much point in an autobox...different if it was all town driving...but thats just my personal preference

Let us know how you get on with your decision.

Cheers   Trevor