2012 A5 Concert IPod connectivity

jayhoney1977

Good afternoon Guys, Maybe you can help me stop going round in circles.

I'm collecting a 2012 Audi A5 S-Line on Saturday after deciding to trade in my 2007 Lexus 220d. Really like the car, love the way it drives and feels, love the boot hatch etc....

However

I'm going nuts trying to work out how and what Apple products attach to the stereo.

It's fitted with the Audi Concert system which I believe is the base model. That said, it has the 30pin iPod connection in the glove box. As I am not a fan of Apple products, I am only guessing that this is for the older Apple products.The Lexus I would stream Spotify through the Bluetooth system so it wasn't an issue but I have got used to having no CD's in the car and love having a huge library, including play lists in the car.

I have tried speaking to the local Audi dealership who I have to say where worse than useless and tried to flog me a cable at £52.50 plus vat and then a bodge connector at a further £29 plus vat. Honestly? I left with the impression the guys didn't have a clue.

So, would an iPod Nano 6th Generation work in here? Or would I be better off buying a 7th gen and an Apple Lightning to 30pin adapter?

• 4 months later...

• 2 months later...

No need I've jut bought a 2013 a5 with the concert system. All you need to do is turn on your Bluetooth and use the media system to pair up. Once you've done that you can play whatever and however you like. ITunes or Spotify etc. The media system will locate your phone and play whatever method you've currently got set to play on your phone from where you left off.You don't even have to take the phone out of your pocket it'll do it automatically 👍 

HI Gareth,

Latestarter2  Please tell me I'm reading you post correctly because I am looking at some very expensive options of upgrading my sound system in my A4 with concert stereo. Being able to stream via bluetooth will save me a lot of cash as I can stream my nav from my phone music etc...

Cheers mate,

Liam