How to change boot light?

Spezla

When I open the boot on my 2006 Audi A6, there is no boot light.

As the boot is so big, it makes seeing what is at the back near impossible (and this is in broad daylight, never mind when it's pitch black)!

I can see a light fitting and have managed to get it free but cannot work out how to replace this.

As with the majority of the topics I seem to start, I am sure this is an easy fix - any help would be appreciated.

I have never replaced one before but imagine it is a case of fingernail behind the lens.

Attached is a replacement LED version which would improve things all round

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/291892969225?clk_rvr_id=1111115566012&vectorid=229508&lgeo=1&item=291892969225&rmvSB=true

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trevor said:

I have never replaced one before but imagine it is a case of fingernail behind the lens.

Attached is a replacement LED version which would improve things all round

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/291892969225?clk_rvr_id=1111115566012&vectorid=229508&lgeo=1&item=291892969225&rmvSB=true

Superb, thank you.

I had managed to jimmy it out but couldn't quite fathom how to take it apart.

Ordered the upgrade as you have said along with some new led bulbs for above my number plate instead of the yellow halogen ones that are in at present.

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1