Central locking settings; altering

swoakes

I have recently purchased a brand new A6 Avant. 

I want to set the central locking to 1 click all doors open which I thought I could do from the MMI. This turns out not to be the case as this is only available on non UK models.

Spoke to the Audi garage and they say a fix is not available.

Has anyone else resolved this issue?

I would imagine it is a situation with being in line with insurance requirements in this country, same as passive locking.

Not sure if aftermarket diagnostic platform could over-ride the settings, or even if it would invalidate your insurance?

I think its more of a technical issue to do with the export version being RH drive and therefore the driver door is a different door from the computers point of view. Easy fix you would of thought; just have an option in the computer for whether its LH/RH drive.

I'm not sure about the insurance issue; many cars just have 1 click to open all doors only

• 1 month later...

I purchased an A6 Avant in sept 2016, and are still waiting for this fix. The MMI is incomplete, as there are a number of settings you should be able to operate through the MMI that are simply "missing". Such as folding in mirrors when locking, one click uplocking, locking boot etc etc. I believe it has something to do with the fact they updated the Spec on the A6 and did not update the MMI to match.

You can take your car to a dealership who can program your key(s) as they did in my case to unlock all doors with one press of remote, and fold/unfold mirrors.

I am trying to chase this fix down with Audi UK

• 7 months later...

My June 2017 UK spec A6 Avant does exactly what is shown in the video above. Unlock all doors and mirror folding all available from the menus.

Seems that perhaps this wasn't an option on some 2016 cars ?

I have a 2016 (2017 spec) A6 avant ultra, and there was an issue with the MMI "missing" sections such as ability to fold mirrors, lock all doors etc, however update provided in January that fixes. Contact your local dealer

That explains why all is well for W8CMP, as their car was June 2017 which clearly has the correct MMI. Apparently it was something to do with the options they made standard but then wasn't reflected in MMI. Frustrating in new car, as I had a Q5 before it that had the dodgy emissions engine management. 😩

On 04/01/2017 at 10:00 AM, A6ultra said:

I purchased an A6 Avant in sept 2016, and are still waiting for this fix. The MMI is incomplete, as there are a number of settings you should be able to operate through the MMI that are simply "missing". Such as folding in mirrors when locking, one click uplocking, locking boot etc etc. I believe it has something to do with the fact they updated the Spec on the A6 and did not update the MMI to match.

You can take your car to a dealership who can program your key(s) as they did in my case to unlock all doors with one press of remote, and fold/unfold mirrors.

I am trying to chase this fix down with Audi UK.

For completeness, and as per my last post, the MMI update was released in January and has now fixed these issues. I would hazard anyone with a Mar17 onwards car would get the updated MMI, if not, contact your dealer for update.