Hi all,

I'm looking to buy an XTRON unit for my 2012 A3. I've had a similar unit before in a previous car and was impressed with the unit.

my concern however is I've seen comments that people are having difficulty with the rear speakers connecting to the unit and operating/performing as they should. I have standard fitted bose speakers connected to standard concert radio.

is this issue easily resolved? What extra wiring do you need to buy? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks 

• 3 years later...

I got an XTRONS PX5 unit, model number, PB78AA4IP, it is an excellent head unit, very pleased so far, all seems to work as it should. The only problem i am having right now is the the noise in the background on all audio functions like radio , phone , gps. Sounds like a bad ground but the standard stereo works fine. Could be a mismatch with the boss amplifier? i contacted XTRONS support and they advised me to conenct a filter or another harness which needs to be ordered from the factory, it might take a few week. Anyone kow how to fix this issue? i did some reseach on the internet, it seems to be a common issue with all the Chinese aftermarket stereos, not only XTRONS

Sometimes, the electrical charges caused by the engine get picked up by the wires, which creates undesirable noise known as ‘ground noise.' This problem occurs if the negative part of the cable is not securely connected to the body of the vehicle. we can fix it by ground loop isolators. or the RCA cables are faulty, they pick up engine noise or a whining noise from speakers when accelerating. I had a unit from XTRONS a few years ago, it did has the noise problem with the speakers, I fixed it with ground loop isolators. Actually this doesn't happen to XTRONS units only, most of the aftermarket radios have the same issue even Alpine or Pioneer. It is easy to get this adapter cable from any car accessories shop. Installation is simple. You just insert the coaxial plug into the stereo socket of your stereo and connect the RCA cables to your speakers to the stereo socket on the unit.