New to forum-need help on where to buy parts please

Danny-Lincs
聽Share

Hi all, I am new to the forum and just bought myself a fixer-upper馃榾. It is an 83 Audi 100 Quattro avant. I am going to need some parts. Firstly a full exhaust system. Can you please recommend best/cheapest聽place to buy? Thanks in advance.

Danny

IMG_1760.JPG

Hello Danny,

Looks like a nice little project. I think you will be surprised at what parts (well service items anyway) will be available for this. My advice would be to buy quality brand parts for filters, belts聽etc. and I think you should get what you want via. eBay search even.

I wouldn't ignore making contact with you local (long established) Audi dealer since it may surprise what they may have on the shelf as left overs. Parts are now ordered in to satisfy demand, but when this car was new it as not uncommon to hold stock of parts pending enquiries. Might be worth trying them for an exhaust, and your local tyre/exhaust dealers who tend to have racks of left over exhausts. Making (welding etc.) exhausts up from such old stock is another cost cutting possibility.聽

I'm sure you聽will get there if you search on the computer for a few hours. German suppliers seem to be popular for older exhausts at the moment.

Good luck with it,

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth, thank you so much for your advice. Will spend and hour or 2 searching your suggestions. I am rather pleased with the car and looking forward to getting stuck into it. Appreciate you help. Kind regards, 聽Danny.

You are very welcome Danny.

I should also have suggested visiting local motor factors, since again they may well have some old stock parts sitting on the shelves.聽

I have found that they are now getting wise to the desirability of some of these parts (rather than dumping them as they often did) and quite often will even聽have someone dedicated to listing these on eBay etc.聽

It probably goes聽without saying Danny, that this car will qualify for classic聽car insurance which will聽have the benefit of agreed value cover in the event of a total loss, and is not dependent on having a "spare" NCB to reduce the premium. Mileages are usually limited, but probably OK for normal enthusiast's use.

Kind regards,

Gareth.