The 2017 Thread

Brad-B5

Yea dan! Get a sense of humour will ya! :p lol (jokes) 

on a more serious matter, it has come to my attention (and not recently I may add) that my a6 is standard and I am attending VAG Tuner Live in July! 

Now the question is do I add roofbars and surfboard, bonnet bra and headlight brows to my a6 to make it look "modded" or not? 

What do you all think? 

I wont be doing any Mechanical mods as I don't think the engine will take it (it is on 321,000 miles after all!) 

6 hours ago, niedzial1983 said:

A set of nice wheels steve ?

Less is more imo.

True, but I had intended to keep her stock. I not normally boring with cars but my dad bought it new so the car means a lot to me in stock form. If I put new rims on it, I'd have to lower it ;) 

I would have commented but now I have the face on with you!!😜

Oh yes less is most definately more especially when it comes to an 80's 'car bra'. 

As you said it means a lot to you so just show it some TLC. Pay for a professional valet before the event. If you did get new wheels go slightly bigger then no need to lower anyway. The avant suits the aggressive higher stance it was designed to have. 

I do all my detailing myself so cant say. I took half of my car apart and put it back lol . Its the only way to learn and get to know my car 

Profesional detiling is good but costly 

4 hours ago, Steve Q said:

That's true! 

Auto detailing place maybe? 

God yes. If your going to pay someone to do it I would go for a better place than the local car wash for sure. They have chemicals and polishes a plenty so it would come back like new.

I am a bit like N.1983 in that I would 99% of time do it by myself, seats out job but sometimes it worth paying, especially for a show like this one when your taking a standard car - no disrespect intended BTW. Audis have never needed pimping in my eyes as they have such presence anyway. But at these events it's sometimes intimidating what some people have done to there cars.

I can't wait to see the pics on here after the event.

Mr Q, I would be very interested to hear of any Diesel V6 engine mods that stand out at the event. For a bit of food for thought provoking ideas for mine. It's only on half your miles so just run in in my opinion.

She'll be clean you can be sure of that! 

Exactly! I worry she'll stand out like a sore thumb being stock! 

My concern of modding the engine when it's covered such high miles is that it will effect it for the worse long term than the better. The engine has never been apart and has its original headgasket, cylinders/pistons, valves, cams etc. It's only had it's regular servicing! 

But have to agre would will be interesting to see what mods are available. 

I hoping we can get at least 5 cars for the display! 

• 1 month later...

Hey all! right Update time!

I've Had a new EGR as it was "farting" (knocking, tapping) also had a engine manifold seal changed, new front window wiper motor (well second hand but in good condition for fraction of the price of a new one)  Air con re-gas and clean Now I have nice cold air (finally) and had a full service done too. last year was a new Turbo which changed it also

So in the long run I have wanted to make this car new again, yes I could of bought a new car but this car is mine and I love it :)

• Like 1

On 27/04/2017 at 9:27 PM, niedzial1983 said:

Really like the idea of having led dlr facelifted headlights but i plan to do this . https://youtu.be/39tqymk2zzI

Piotr, have you taken the plunge yet with the headlights?

i am fitting DRL's to my T5 and have been searching eBay for suitable ones and saw loads of these. Item number 222464447604

you could make ur own!!

On 6/23/2017 at 8:55 AM, Dan3222 said:

Piotr, have you taken the plunge yet with the headlights?

i am fitting DRL's to my T5 and have been searching eBay for suitable ones and saw loads of these. Item number 222464447604

you could make ur own!!

I have not done anything, im not sure i will be changing the headlights unless i will find facelifted led version cheap 

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Brad-B5 said:

Now thinking of selling my current car Audi A4 b5 for a new Audi like a 2008 A4 or an A5 for 2018 maybe.

Oh no! How come Brad? 

The old a4 is nice :) 

I know I do love it but The constant repairs are getting too annoying now, had pretty much everything done now the gearbox needs changing and it was a pulsing engine or weather it's the gearbox not sure. need a diag but I'm just fed up now. :( 

1 hour ago, Brad-B5 said:

I know I do love it but The constant repairs are getting too annoying now, had pretty much everything done now the gearbox needs changing and it was a pulsing engine or weather it's the gearbox not sure. need a diag but I'm just fed up now. :( 

I feel your pain to an extent. The older they get the more maintenance they need! 

Il keep persevering with mine though as the thought of changing is a nightmare for me! 

21 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

I feel your pain to an extent. The older they get the more maintenance they need! 

Il keep persevering with mine though as the thought of changing is a nightmare for me! 

Talking of maintenance i have my MOT 25th Aug but can`t see it being an issue, on the upside the car is booked into Audi this Wednesday coming for the free health check so they may pick any issues up :)

Only plans i have for the car is to refurb the wheels black and depending on how easy it is to do i want to replace the Audi rings with gloss black rings 

Why is changing a nightmare? but i'd prefer to keep my car but It's not that I can't afford it its just annoying having to fork out all the time :(