The 2017 Thread

Brad-B5

Took my car to audi guildford with a rev surge when engine breaking . They have no idea why . The master tech who was assigned to the car said the car is perfect . Engine and Gearbox is perfect. They contacted audi tech uk to advise lol.

But whilst the car was there they said that glowplug 4 and 5 needs changing so i said ok. I went to pick up the car and was greated by 2 audi techs and manager. They snapped glowplug 4 in half ... and they need a day more to fix it. They also gave me 50% discount. Im glad it happened at audi as any independent would probably want me to pay for extracting the broken glowplug...

16 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Took my car to audi guildford with a rev surge when engine breaking . They have no idea why . The master tech who was assigned to the car said the car is perfect . Engine and Gearbox is perfect. They contacted audi tech uk to advise lol.

But whilst the car was there they said that glowplug 4 and 5 needs changing so i said ok. I went to pick up the car and was greated by 2 audi techs and manager. They snapped glowplug 4 in half ... and they need a day more to fix it. They also gave me 50% discount. Im glad it happened at audi as any independent would probably want me to pay for extracting the broken glowplug...

so how much would Audi charge you for the job without the discount?

So did i haha but audi manager was so good as they didnt have any cars for me to take away i wont have to pay anything for the repair.  

In all honesty i knew there could be a potential problem with the plugs . They are original since the car was new (11 years) and after reading many forums there is a change they can snap. Any indy garage quoted me less for them but said if they break i would have to cover the cost ... so all in all audi dealer was a good choice :)

16 minutes ago, Brad-B5 said:

Hi guys

Haven't post on here in a while :S

I like it but unfortunately I can't afford one :( 

You still looking for an A5 Brad?

48 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

You still looking for an A5 Brad?

I am, well I'm saving atm, I'm not getting anything  fixed now on my car because I'm constantly fixing it :( 

16 hours ago, Brad-B5 said:

I am, well I'm saving atm, I'm not getting anything  fixed now on my car because I'm constantly fixing it :( 

Cars do eventually reach a point where they are getting expensive to fix, if you need them as a daily runner rather than an occasional use toy!!

Be patient for your A5, I am predicting any car with a Diesel engine will drop significantly in price as diesels are to disappear from the 'new' sale forecourts. I hate the government for their backward and contradicting views!!

I am using the A6 a bit more this year, only did 5,000 miles in first year of ownership. I just love the drive, a great combination of a derv V6 and slush box. Big smiles all round.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:43 AM, Dan3222 said:

Cars do eventually reach a point where they are getting expensive to fix, if you need them as a daily runner rather than an occasional use toy!!

Be patient for your A5, I am predicting any car with a Diesel engine will drop significantly in price as diesels are to disappear from the 'new' sale forecourts. I hate the government for their backward and contradicting views!!

I am using the A6 a bit more this year, only did 5,000 miles in first year of ownership. I just love the drive, a great combination of a derv V6 and slush box. Big smiles all round.

Yeah I know very sad :( at least you're enjoying it mate :D

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple for me. Need to get the cambelt and water pump done (boring!). Also planning on getting a 170 turbo and having it remapped again from 180 - 220 ish and considering getting an RS4 style grill to replace the S Line one.

• 5 months later...