Looking for a rough price to sell my S3

Dactyl147

Hi 

i was wondering if people could give me a rough price that id be able to sell my Audi S3 Quattro black edition. It's a 57 plate with 78k miles roughly on the clock. It has been remapped to stage 1. Well looked after and all paperwork to confirm what has been done to the car. 

All help would be appreciated

thanks  

Hi Dactyl

Sorry for the long wait for a reply!

I'd say 10-11K (that's what I'd be happy to pay, but you could always for 12k so if anyone trys to barter with you it could go down to 11k?

would that be good? at the end of the day it's what you want for it :)

Regards

Bradley

• Like 2

Hey Bradley

That is excellent that was what I was thinking about selling it for but just wanted to see what other people's views and rough prices would be that they would be happy to sell if for. 

Cheers 

Terry

Hello Terrence,

I guess Bradley has given you a fair valuation, and it really sounds the sort of car that has a good provenance. This is probably going to sound rather pessimistic, but there are valuations and valuations, and the "value" of something must be judged by the market it is going into as much as the car itself, and it must be appreciated that the car is now c9 to 10 years old. 

If you are thinking of selling privately then it will be appreciated that someone must have access to around £11,000 without depending on being able to part exchange a vehicle with you, and/or you being able to offer finance and quarantees. As Arthur would have said - 11 Gs in folding! Tall order? 

If you are to put this in part exchange, then it is too old to be resold by a large dealership, and would be trade off into the low end of the secondhand car market. Profits would of course need to be made and margins alowed for any unexpected repair work.

In a nutshell Terrence, I'm sure you will appreciate that valuations will vary ( considerably?) between forecourt retail, private retail, part exchange and say We Buy Any Car! Perhaps it would be useful to know how you wish to sell it.

Good luck with finding it a new home.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...