What do you do for a living?

Brad-B5

Retired about 17 years ago after a lifetime in the construction of power generation projects, a lot of it overseas. Nowadays still enjoy cars and there is always three grandchildren, garden and a dog to keep me out of trouble.

Hi Retired 18 years ago from a high pressure job of Sales Manager of an Italian Porcelain floor and wall tile distributor. Travelled the world. Mainly Brazil. Now play golf twice a week, and part time collect and deliver new cars for a multi franchise car distributor.

• 3 months later...
On 3/21/2022 at 10:11 AM, Anton8 said:

Hi Retired 18 years ago from a high pressure job of Sales Manager of an Italian Porcelain floor and wall tile distributor. Travelled the world. Mainly Brazil. Now play golf twice a week, and part time collect and deliver new cars for a multi franchise car distributor.

Sounds a great retirement 🙂

On 7/2/2022 at 5:27 PM, Brian74656 said:

Hi im a store manager for onestop 

Ahh so your in the same industry as me, an abuse focus for over opinionated Dweebs that all know their rights even if they are wrong, me, I am a cab driver, I feel for you.

Steve.

• 2 months later...

Production manager at a Precision engineering firm.

Also includes programming & setting of CNC sliding head lathes up to 13 axis 

Hobbies: bit of gaming - family time - beer as standard 👍

Retired 23 years ago.

Started my working life as a pattern maker.

Then went into shop fitting for better money.

I was a policeman for 10 years or so, then an RAF Fighter Controller for 18yrs. I then travelled a bit and have been working for the civil service (currently MoD) for the last 14 years. I'm partially retired and work a two-day week at home.

I like to travel, by motorcycle where practicable, and write a daily report when I do & have about 8k regular readers...

I've just got back from three weeks riding in Oregon, California and Nevada...

Journal

spacer.png

• Like 1

Hi 

Just an update, with more info.

I was Sales Manager for an Italian Porcelain wall and floor tile manufacturer and distributor.  I travelled extensively mainly UK but also Europe and Brazil. Took redundancy in 2000 didn't work for a couple of years. Golf handicap come down nicely. Got bored, got a job delivering and collecting new cars for a multi- franchise company. Again, travelled the UK. Now retired, playing golf again regularly.

Tony 

• Haha 1