Advice on which q5 to buy please?

Queenq5

Hi everyone I am a newbe.

Having had an a4 now for 8 years and with 208000 on the clock  it's time to spend our savings.

We have decided to buy a Q5. Question is which one? Budget 20k. 

I have read bad things about the auto so was thinking the manual. Unfortunately it only comes in the 2 litre. So looking the diesel engines is very confusing, hence me joining your club. From what I can make out there's lots of different outputs 140,150,170 something??

My question which one is the most reliable,hardwearing,sweetest,quickest,queitest,economical one to get.

We are also thinking of choosing the sline plus. What are your views?

Thanks in advance girls and guys

Hi...welcome to the Forum

Decisions, decisions!  That's the problem really, so many options to choose from.

I think the first thing to consider is what are the main uses you have for the vehicle, what journeys will you be doing (motorway, town commuting, etc)....as this will influence your decision for size of engine, power output, etc.

I don't think the automatic transmissions are that bad, and manual transmission can have inherent problems like Dual Mass Flywheels, etc.

S Line is always a good option to have.

Now over to Q5 owners to give their experienced opinion.

Let us know how you get on with your decision

Cheers   Trevor