DPF on a 2009 1.9 TDI Sport

Lore

Hi, just wondering if anyone who has a DPF on the Audi 2009 model, 103bhp? and if so iv looked in the handbook but cannot see anything about the expiry of the DPF's, i know they usually can go over 100,000 but wondered if at 100,000 it would need replacing or just regenerated? I know they are quite costly, and wondered if anyone else has had issues or just interested on experience on them. Thanks in advance

i can;t comment on whether or not your car has one. if you give the reg to somewhere like TPS they can tell you. you could also look, it'll be somewhere after the turbo and look a bit like a medium size exhaust box although cylinder shape and have a bunch of sensors attached to it.

life expectancy varies but it could do much more than 100k. my a4 had 145k on what i assume to be the original DPF and it was fine. 

my 56 plate BMW had its original DPF and was on, i cant remember now, but over 175k when i sold it

• Like 1

closing note, don;t worry about it until it causes you problems. when it eventually gets overly clogged you might get away with a good clean but they eventually start to fall to bits inside and kick up errors

Hi rbdazza thanks for your reply - much appreciated. It does def have one as the handbook says and there is a sticker on the right hand top of windscreen. so your A4 did 145k is that when you had to replace the DPF?  and the 175k BMW did you sell it when had DPF issues or was it still fine? Yeah i read a lot about DPF's causing errors,thanks again