A6 C6. MMI system restarting every few seconds.

chrisboc

Hi All

I recently bought an Audi A6 206, and have a problem with MMI. It restarting itself every few seconds. It goes as far as to welcome screen and restarting again. This doesn't stop even if I lock the car (I had to takeoff fuse). I did a scan with diagnostic tool (not vcds, just standard tool), and no errors. Non of the buttons are working except parking brake button. Did anybody had similar problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

HI Chris...welcome to the Forum

Not entirely sure but you could do with running a heavy duty discharge test on your battery(s) to see if it is failing as this can sometimes be the reason for electronics playing up in the A6...if all okay, then try a battery reset to see if that improves things.

Let us know how this is going

Cheers  Trevor

This really needs scanning via vcds or a dealership as a cheap diag tool won't pick up these types of faults. Another solution, if you are a DIY'er would be to get a optical loop wire off eBay and take each fibre optic control unit in the MOST ring out one at a time and see if you're fault goes. Then you can relate the fault to a troublesome control unit. Sadly in the MOST ring system, due to it being a series type network system, once one control unit goes bad it effects the whole system. Hope this helps