Hi guys! i am a proud owner of a 13 plate 2.0L Tekhnic TDI! i'm looking to start modding it up a little, begun with some dark tints and now looking at performance. Now i have done my research on diesels and it seems performance wise there isnt much difference with a new induction kit and people tend to go for just a new filter. However, i have noticed considerable sound difference and the look itself i think looks much meaner. 

What are you opinion? has anyone installed a custom induction kit on a A4 TDI? any particular brands? 

Hi Danny...welcome to the Forum

I would agree that there is little benefit to be gained from fitting an induction kit as the diesel engine and manifolds are restricted to the volume of air that can be induced.

A panel filter however, would allow the same volume of air to flow through better which should keep things on course.

You could consider a Tuning Box or a Remap which will make an incredible difference to the engine performance and at little cost.

Keep us updated on how you get on with modding your Audi

Cheers  Trevor

you would need to be pushing serious power with turbo, inlet and exhaust upgrades for an induction kit to be of any use other than to look fancy.

the stock air box is designed to provide more than adequate air volume. as said, get a panel filter.

• Like 1