Gear box malfunction

Misterantony

Hello, this my first post to this forum and this is my first audi I have owned.. I bought it as used car 7 months into having it the flashed up a message, gearbox malfunction you can continue to drive... until it conked out. I then had to turn the car off put into p then take the key out and wait a few minutes until it's started as normal. I took it back and the guy from the garage said he done a software update.. worked fine up till yesterday but was 10 minute I had to wait.. does any body know exsactly what this problem is as he is taking it to the garage and I want to know what he has done to fix it. Preferably if I tell him what the problem is and what needs doing. I got the codes to the problem.. if any one is familiar with them...

any help or Information i would really appreciate 

(Audi Q5 sline diesel, 2011/12 not sure)

IMG_0722.JPG

Hi Anthony...welcome to the Forum

I cannot find any information specifically relating to these codes but it does sound like a software upgrade should sort it.

Please let us know how it all goes and particularly what the fault was and how they rectified it.

Cheers  Trevor

Had a quick look into this issue for you. Seems you have drive position sensor faults (8052 and 8053). If I remember rightly this is a known issue and Audi have a TPI (Technical Product Info) bulletin out for this. This includes replacement of the above mentioned sensor which unfortunately doesn't come as a separate part, so would req a new sensor module on the mechatronics unit to fix the issue (normally a 'printed circuit' section of the mechatronics). Hope this helps

• Like 1

Thanks people.. so far where am at.. took the car back to the garage I bought it from as it was 11 months into the warranty he has sent it to a "x audi mechanics" he's seems to think a modular is over heating.. not had the car for a week now.. will update you when I know more

• Like 1