Compatible SD Card size for MMI

smccran

Hi all,

I've got an A4 Quattro, 66 plate. I read through the manual and it mentioned that the MMI system would take up to 128gb SD cards for music files etc.

So I bought one, formatted it for the car (FAT32) and dragged on a load of music. The in car system doesn't see half of the files though? Has anyone else experienced this? If Iook at the SD card on a computer the files are on it, but the MMI doesn't list them.

Thanks

Shaun

• 5 months later...

Hi, My background is IT/computers and what you want if i recall is old school answers you need........FAT32 file partition allocation is 32GB max. Sure you can get tools to extend past this but it then needs a new operating system to make it see and use it. if you get a 32GB card and fat32 then it will work. Format the drive and try it with NTFS  and then exFAT to try that. simple terms look up the difference between SDHC and SDXC thats what this all boils down. I considered this myself but thought not worth the risk of putting in a 64GB or bigger so slumped for the 32GB and played it safe. 

Thanks

Simon

Also forgot to mention you should have two usb in the arm rest which can each take 32GB USB Sticks if you had too; and they do nano ones which only protrude about the size of the actual USB socket; if 32GB is the max with FAT32 also don't just dump music in one folder use folders; as you can only have 256 files in each folder with 256 folders in each folder; old school FAT32 rules. I have a 64GB Nano USBs in the works peugeots VANs so a little disappointed if 32GB is the max for a new car. Also since you can plug an iPhone and play direct off it which could be 256GB it does give me some hope that you can have larger than 32GB. I know manuals will say 32GB but often manuals are the last to be updated as the guy who designs this stuff often wants bigger to work for himself :-)

In fact i have a VAN at home I am off to find out lol.....5mins later....

Drum Role....yep 64GB USB Nano works tried and tested. Therefore if you don't get the it 128GB working in the SD card out it in a USB reader and it will/should do.

Regards

8 minutes ago, M4SK13 said:

Also forgot to mention you should have two usb in the arm rest which can each take 32GB USB Sticks if you had too; and they do nano ones which only protrude about the size of the actual USB socket; if 32GB is the max with FAT32 also don't just dump music in one folder use folders; as you can only have 256 files in each folder with 256 folders in each folder; old school FAT32 rules. I have a 64GB Nano USBs in the works peugeots VANs so a little disappointed if 32GB is the max for a new car. Also since you can plug an iPhone and play direct off it which could be 256GB it does give me some hope that you can have larger than 32GB. I know manuals will say 32GB but often manuals are the last to be updated as the guy who designs this stuff often wants bigger to work for himself :-)

In fact i have a VAN at home I am off to find out lol.....5mins later....

Drum Role....yep 64GB USB Nano works tried and tested. Therefore if you don't get the it 128GB working in the SD card out it in a USB reader and it will/should do.

Regards

Audi music interface takes max 128gb usb stick or drive . 

• 3 months later...