What is high mileage for a V10 R8 2010

Tomw1987

Hi all 

i am going to purchase a V10 for a reasonable price, from a reputable dealer with a 6 months warranty. However, it has 54k miles on it and that concerns me a little as I'll be doing about 12k a year, but will probably only keep the vehicle 24 months. 

Should this his be a concern or not? 

Thanks

tom 

What's a reasonable price ? If it's extremely reasonable, I say go for it. But if its not that cheap, I'd recommend spending a bit more and aim to sell with 60k on the clock.

I just bought a 61 plate V10 .. 48k on the clock. £20k of options for £56k. Hope this helps .. 

• Like 1

Hello Tom,

Just on here and spotted your post. Not sure whether you think the car is currently high mileage or if it will be in two years time when you add another 24K. 

In reality, neither will really apply to my mind, in terms of high mileage. The car is currently 7 years old so has covered a lower than average mileage to date ( could  be at least 84K), and I am sure that the old formula of 12K average a year is somewhat out of date as commutes become longer. Perhaps 14/15K is now a more realistic average, and if so this car could have already covered near to 100K.

So high mileage? Not at all really -even when you add 24K it will still be below average. 

Being bought from a main dealer? I guess probably not due to its age. Reputable dealer? 6 months warranty - parts and labour? Labour cover is most important.

Well worth having copy of the warranty conditions and reading up on what is excluded rather than included. It's generally what is excluded is of greatest importance. I would also advise doing your homework,and checking what has been done/changed in terms of its service history (main dealer? ) rather than depend on a stamp in a service book. Worth checking with previous owners with regard to problems - as I've said before, this vital stage is often overlooked. By doing all your homework, you should make the right decision and enjoy your purchase.

We are talking a 2010 car here as per your heading? 

Good luck.

Gareth.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps 

it's £57k with 54k miles. It's from Redline Racing in Yorkshire and is the cheapest around, but has the highest miles. It's got a few extras such as reversing camera, heated seats, bang and Oleg son speakers etc. 

Ive been told it has full main dealer service history etc. 

Thanks 

tom 

Hi Tom.

I would definitely research that it has had Dealer servicing throughout it's history as it would be quite speciailist work no the R8. Also, that it has had any recalls and updates as well.

Also, warranty is uber important with a car like this.

Keep us updated on the purchase and would love to see some photos of it

Cheers,  Trevor

• Like 1

Good luck Tom ....go for it and enjoy ! I've been chopping my car in after six to 12 months out of boredom. But I can see the V10 sticking around for a while. The last six cars have been S-A ... but this time, took a chance and went manual. For sure, it was the right decision. Much more involving drive but I've no doubt the S-A would be great too. 

Have you bought it as I can't see one at Redline for 57 ? 

Cheers

Rob

Hey Rob, 

thats odd? It's the V10 spyder in white with red leather. It's definitely there. It's redline at boroughbridge, just in case there's more than one! 

Ive decided not to go for it due to the mileage, but have gone for a V8 spyder in white on a 61 plate with 24k miles, which will suit my mileage far better. 

Hey Trev, how do I go about checking the history of the vehicle as you mention above? 

Cheers guys

Tom 

I've just been back on the Redline website and it's disappeared? Very odd... either way, it's not the one. 

Can I ask what you chaps do for a living as these are not cheap cars :)

I tend to change every months but bleed money each time due to neg eq. It's always PCP over 4 years for me... unless there's a better way!?!

I dont have a special job at all ... just rinse a bunch of credit cards at 0% and a personal loan with a very low rate. Your new car looks killer. The spyder is a beautiful shape !! Love the engine vents. Definitely prettier than the coupe ! 

Well Tom,

Fair do s as they say around these parts. You've just jumped in and done it! No messing about with checking and all that nonsense, you've just married it - come what may. 

Buying a speedometer reading is fine I guess! 

How do I check service history??!

Just enjoy it Tom.

Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth.