Audi A3 Quattro or A-class A250 4MATIC

shaneoconn

3 minutes ago, Trevor said:

can't you get both...I couldn't choose between them really, they're both gorgeous!

Unfortunately not, it's such a hard decision to make, still need to test drive both hopefully that will help. Cheers for the reply

• Like 1

Your welcome :) I find the mercs interior nicer. But if you have the sport interior then carrying 5 people can be a struggle. 

and if your comparing the Audi s tronic (sister to vw dsg) and the mercs 4 Matic then the Audi gearbox is better. And i don't believe merc do a 4 wheel drive system on the a class but I could be wrong. 

Both are nice cars but I would have the merc. 

I speak from experience by the way :) 

Hi Steve, Just as a matter of interest to me - are Mercedes seats still rather uncomfortably hard after a long ( well anything other than local use) run, compared with the Audi? Perhaps they have changed now.

Hi Shane, This certainly is not meant to put a damper on anything or appear critical, and I'm sure you will choose the right one for you, but it goes to show that car designers have it absolutely right, and we are attracted to buying what we see and think is attractive as the first option, rather than any other consideration. Driving them becomes the second consideration - but appeal to us and our views on the appeal to others is always important. 

Enjoy Shane.

Kind regards,

Gareth.  

8 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hi Steve, Just as a matter of interest to me - are Mercedes seats still rather uncomfortably hard after a long ( well anything other than local use) run, compared with the Audi? Perhaps they have changed now.

Hi Gareth, I find the merc seats very comfortable. But like I say you'd struggle fitting 5 people in the a class with the Amg sports seats fitted. My dad has a e class and I too find that comfortable especially as we do a 8 hour trip to Northern Ireland each year. 

In comparrison I found the a 3 seats less comfortable and did have some back ache on a 2 and half/3 hour journey from Leicester to Luton airport. But to be fair I do suffer from back issues (after causing damage to it). 

Cheers 

Steve