1999 Audi 1.8t stalling/cutting out

Fallensoldier

Hi, 

I have a 1999 Audi 1.8t and for the first hour or so of driving seems to lose all revs and cut out while depressing the clutch coming up to lights or a junction and even when dropping down into second gear if the revs are not high enough. It seems to just lose all revs and cuts out but yet the car starts straight up again, Yet if I put the car in neutral coasting up to a stop it's usually fine. 

What is this? 

Worth checking your stoplight switch(es) as the switch informs the engine management that you are braking and it invokes the idle speed control system.

Check the brake lights are working okay and then if you have two switches on the brake pedal (they should be the same) try swapping them over and see if the brake lights still work okay

5 hours ago, Trevor said:

Worth checking your stoplight switch(es) as the switch informs the engine management that you are braking and it invokes the idle speed control system.

Check the brake lights are working okay and then if you have two switches on the brake pedal (they should be the same) try swapping them over and see if the brake lights still work okay

The car revs go up and down even at a stand still, once switched on this morning the revs go up and down and it stalls, took for a drive and same issue, foot goes down on clutch all revs drop and car cuts out. Same issue as yesterday but yesterday I drove it on a 30 mile drive and it sorted itself out and was fine rest of the day?