Interior aluminium trim dents easily.

Brainz357

Hi, I have a Q5, and I've noticed a problem recently where the aluminium trim around the centre console dents very easily from just everyday use, I'm currently in a discussion with Audi about whether this is a warrantable item. Clearly everyday use is denting it, however it appears to me that particular trim doesn't seem to be fit for purpose. I've never had the problem before with the piano black or other trims, so just wondered if anyone else has noticed this?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

That's not good for the age of the vehicle however, could you swap it out for one in Piano Black if they provide one to you?

let us know how you get on with it as there may be other members with the same situation and could help them to get it sorted, cheers

• 3 months later...

Mine already has scratches on it. 

Pain in the !Removed!. 

Hey, sorry for the delay in replying to this thread!

I have a resolution to the issue, after being flat refused by the dealership for them to do a swap under warranty, I went to Audi Customer services, they took it up with the dealership. After much too-ing and fro-ing, they finally conceded and did a full swap out FOC for a new trim in Piano Black.

Whilst I was having it done, a few of the tech's made some comments about they are having a lot of issues with this particular trim, one saying  'it would be better if they used butter!!!!' So it is clearly a known issue, now I've had it repaired I think this sets a precedent for others who have the same issue.

Good Luck

Mark

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

just bought a 2014 model with only 18k on clock and have noticed small dents on centre console Alu' trim but dont think I will have any recourse as it is out of 3 yr direct warranty despite low miles. Might give it a go though.

I was looking at a 16 reg with a main dealer which has the aluminium trim. Can't say I love it so asked how much to replace for piano black or the carbon and they quoted £1600 for the piano black.

They must be on some sort of drugs. :withstupid:

10 hours ago, Rams said:

I was looking at a 16 reg with a main dealer which has the aluminium trim. Can't say I love it so asked how much to replace for piano black or the carbon and they quoted £1600 for the piano black.

They must be on some sort of drugs. :withstupid:

It's crazy how much the trim costs! But it's a money making racket as Audi know people would often prefer wood, carbon or piano black. I suppose it also depends what's fashionable at the time which in this case I think piano black is popular 

cheers

steve

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve managed to dent the drivers side trim by letting go of the seatbelt too early / without caution; it then flung itself like a catapulted brick into the aluminium trim like a rocket. 

Both front door trims and the centre console now have dents / scratches after 3 months of ownership  

I think I will visit the local stealer to discuss the fragility of these trims  

😫