i cant seem to connect my phone via bluetooth.

Greg71

Hi again everyone,

I've just picked up my 08 Audi A4 2.0TDI SE, and I cant get mine or my wife's android smartphone to connect to the MMI using Bluetooth. I push the phone button, and get this message,5915b143af0d4_audipic1.thumb.jpg.bd88a4a532bcd2d7c26f3eb783b7bffa.jpg

Then if I push the settings button, I get this message,

5915b196d9ba4_audipic2.thumb.jpg.9b38ec9f4f331919731177f0439e0f42.jpg

I have tried plugging it into the AUX socket in the centre console, but still nothing.

The method I have used is ;- unlock and get in car, turn ignition on, press phone button, search with my phone for Audi via my Bluetooth, it finds other things but not the car.

any suggestions would be gratefully received.

thanks in advance.

i don't press anything in the car. i just searched on my phone and its comes up with Audi UHV. my phones now paired and connects automatically.

you sure its got bluetooth? 

when you search for it it isnt there? haha sorry, i don't know. 

the phone bit is usually for the physical phone in the arm rest, bluetooth as another optional extra 

what grinds my gears is that the media interface wasn't chosen on mine, so i can connect my phone via bluetooth for calls (very good quality) but have to use the AUX cable for music

I think I'm going to have an aftermarket fiscon fitted, supposed to be identical to original Audi, just plug and play.

Hi Greg.

You may not need to go that far, i had the exact same problem. Mine was just disabled so i had to activate it via the hidden green menu. You need a VAG COM interface cable to do that though.

Watch this video . This worked out perfectly for me. But this is for the 3G MMI. I don't know which one your car is equipped with.

R.

I've only got the basic concert radio, so no hidden menu. Thanks for the suggestion though.

if I remove the radio to fit the plug and play fiscon, do I need a code when I put it back in?

I have no idea how the fiscon plug in thing works sorry, but i'm sure it comes with instructions and/or whether it needs a code. I'm pretty new in the field. I need to do some research.